Thursday 8 November 2012

Footage Review

I have imported 12:10 minutes of footage. It is mostly of good quality, although in some scenes there are slight errors - such as a bag in the background, or being able to see someone who wasn't meant to be there.
Luckily I took many different shots of each scene, so there shouldn't be anything too problematic. 
I do not like the colour in the image though, because I feel it looks too plain and it also is too bright - the greens and browns look far too warm for the atmosphere I want to create. Luckily it is easy enough to edit the tone of footage, such as in the images shown.
Although the tone is still relatively warm, it does not look as vibrant as in the first scene. It looks far too friendly in the first example, and the light makes the entire scene look fertile and hopeful. Of course, this is a thriller film so I do not really want to have something so uplifting. 
I could of course make the overlay other shades in order to create other effects, but this slight purple hue is most effective, in my opinion. It also makes the white of the dress stand out so much more.
Some shots, since as the one with the pocketwatch, are slightly shaky, as I predicted. I will select the most stable footage for this - there is bound to be at least a few seconds which are suitable.
I am not too sure what I am going to do about the scene with Sadie awaking. Most of the shots look too staged, and her gasp is not audible. The last one which I shot is going to be used most likely - it is good as long as I trim the clip before she looks to the camera. 
I will not film again though because there is enough footage which is of good quality. I can always modify my storyboard if needed.
Most of the scenes in the house are good and I should easily be able to film these again if it is needed. In a few scenes, especially those on the sink, the feet of the tripod are in the visual. These can obviously not be used, but a few are okay and this should be enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment