Friday 19 October 2012

Planning Edit

For my film, I will use mainly jump cuts, although I will also be using some fading.
My first shot will fade to black, and subsequently the first camera shot will fade in, from the darkness.
From there I will be using jump cuts to transition between the shots. I will do this in order to indicate a certain fast paced nature which will be carried on throughout the plot.
The main point of using jump cuts is because it suggests a disorganised, messy nature.
I will most likely have a filter over the camera, or add an effect afterwards that will make the image look more white in colour and decrease the brightness of it.
In the scenes that are not shot in the wood - that is, the images of the antagonists hands - will be blurred around the edges, to show focus on one particular thing and emphasise that it is not currently going on. This is an effect I have seen in the tv series Misfits. While not strictly a thriller, it has mysterious, tense and suspenseful elements. It does not happen strictly where there is a dream - but it conveys an effect that I feel instills this.

No comments:

Post a Comment